Terms and Conditions
Please read the following terms and conditions carefully. References to ‘us’, ‘we’ and/or ‘our’ in these terms and conditions mean Stef Pty Ltd ACN ACN 088 660 548 trading as I do travel.
We provide booking and advisory travel services (our Services). These terms and conditions apply to all Services we provide you and any other traveler on whose behalf you request our Services (Other Travelers). Acceptance of these terms and conditions is a condition of booking. Submission by you of a booking is your acknowledgment that you have read, understood and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions.
1. To whom do we provide Services?
- We provide Services to you as well as Other Travelers.
- When you request that we provide our Services to Other Travelers you warrant that you have the authority to bind the Other Travelers to these terms and conditions.
- You pay us for providing the Services to you.
2. Service Providers and Agency
- We act as agent for, and sell various travel related products on behalf of numerous transport, accommodation and tour providers (collectively Service Providers). Service Providers include airline, coach, rail and cruise line operators, as well hotels and tour companies.
- When you use our Services you authorise us to make travel bookings on your behalf and Other Travelers and to arrange relevant contracts between you and the relevant Service Providers (SP Travel Service).
- The Service Provider will provide you with the SP Travel Service on terms and conditions as agreed between you and the Service Provider. These terms and conditions are available from the Service Provider and may include rules and restrictions about the use and availability of the SP Travel Service, refund and cancellation policies and limitation or exclusion of liability for death, personal injury, delay and loss or damage to baggage.
- You pay the Service Provider for the SP Travel Service either directly or by authorizing us to do so on your behalf.
- Any brochures we provide you are Service Provider brochures. We are not liable for any errors contained in any Service Provider brochure.
- We exercise care in the selection of reputable Service Providers, but we are not a provider of travel services and have no control over, or liability for the SP Travel Services provided by Service Providers and/or third parties. Your legal rights in connection with the provision of a SP Travel Service are against the relevant Service Provider. If for any reason, excluding fault on our part, any Service Provider is unable to provide the SP Travel Service for which you have contracted your rights are against that Service Provider and not against us.
3. Service Guarantees under Australian Consumer Law Our Services:
- Will be provided with due care and skill;
- Will be reasonably fit for the specified purpose;
- Can reasonably be expected to achieve the desired result; and
- Will be provided within a reasonable time.
4. Airline Bookings
- Airfares quoted are subject to availability and can be withdrawn or varied without notice. The price is only guaranteed once paid in full by you.
- Any pre-reserved seating is subject to change at any time by the airlines.
- Individual airline terms and conditions apply and these can be obtained by contacting us or by contacting the airline directly via phone or via the airline’s website.
- It is your responsibility to re-confirm all flight departure times with the relevant airline/s prior to departure. We will not be liable for any costs incurred as a result of passengers missing any flight due to not having re-checked the itinerary prior to departure.
- Please note that it is your responsibility to organize any excess baggage you require with the relevant Service Provider.
- When booking please provide your frequent flyer membership details (or other applicable loyalty programme details) for inclusion in your booking. Please note that although we will endeavour to include this information in your booking we cannot guarantee that the relevant Service Provider will record the information or credit you with points for your booking. Taxes
- Government tax, airport charges and fuel surcharges are current at the time of booking but are subject to change without notice.
- Airport and departure taxes are not included in the airfare, or included within the Government taxes or airport charges. Additional departure taxes may be applicable at some airports and payable in the local currency directly on departure.
- Accommodation charges, for example hotel charges, quoted are subject to availability and can be withdrawn or varied without notice. The price is only guaranteed once paid in full by you.
- Some Service Providers will require an additional charge to be paid locally, for example a resort fee, at the time of check in or checkout. Please note that these charges are in addition to the amount that we quote during the booking process and must be paid directly to the Service Provider at the time of check in/checkout as required.
- There may be taxes or rates payable in relation to your hotel/accommodation bookings both within Australia and internationally. You must pay these taxes directly to the Service Provider at the time of check-in/checkout as required.
- We recommend prior to booking your read the detailed description of the SP Travel Service including any applicable policies.
- We do not guarantee or warrant any kind of services or level of quality offered by a hotel or any other accommodation provided by a Service Provider.
- For the purpose of us providing you Services, you consent to us supplying your billing, payment and identification information to Service Providers.
- You authorise us to disclose your credit card details to, and obtain information from, any financial institution or credit card issuer to verify the credit card and identification details that you provide us. You also authorise your credit card issuer and/or financial institution to verify that the credit card and identification details you have provided to us are accurate.
- All fees and charges quoted by us are subject to availability and can be varied or withdrawn without notice. The price of any SP Travel Service will only be guaranteed once paid by you in full. In certain exceptional circumstances, even where you have paid the full price for a SP Travel Service, the price may change due to circumstances and matters outside of our control. Deposit
- It is important to note that in certain circumstances a Service Provider will not refund a deposit paid to secure a booking. It is your responsibility to check the policies of the relevant Service Provider regarding refunding deposits prior to paying any deposit. Cancellation/Amendment
- If for whatever reason you need to cancel a SP Travel Service it is important to note that some bookings are non-refundable or transferable. It is your responsibility to check the cancellation policies of the relevant Service Provider before confirming and paying for a SP Travel Service.
- Where you ask us to cancel or amend a booking for a SP Travel Service you will be liable to pay any Service Provider cancellation or change fee. Refund
- Where a Service Provider agrees to provide a refund for any reason, we will only pay the refund to you once we receive the refund amount from the Service Provider.
- You authorise us to charge all fees incurred by you in relation to the SP Travel Service to the credit card or debit card designated by you. If payment is not received from the card issuer or its agent for any reason, you agree to pay us all amounts due immediately on demand.
- The following credit card surcharges apply when paying by credit card:
• Mastercard, Visa, and American Express 1.8% (plus GST)
• Diners Club 2.8% (plus GST)
- Reissue Fee
- If you request us to alter a booking that results in a us having to reissue any ticket, for example to a date, a reissue fee will apply per change plus any reissue fee payable to the Service Provider. Cancellation Fee
- All cancellations are governed by the terms and conditions of the Service Provider. After you have confirmed the booking of a SP Travel Service, a Service Provider may charge a cancellation fee as set out in their terms and conditions. A cancellation fee may amount to up to one hundred percent of the cost of the SP Travel Service. In addition to any cancellation fee charged by the Service Provider, we may charge a cancellation fee. Refund Fee
- The granting of a full or partial refund for a cancelled SP Travel Service is at the sole discretion of the Service Provider and will be governed by the Service Provider’s terms and conditions and/or policies regarding refunds. Many Service Provider fees and charges are non-refundable. Where a refund is payable, the Service Provider may charge a fee for processing the refund. Amendment Fee
- Where you require us to amend a booking, the first amendment will be free of charge. However, any subsequent amendment may incur a charge per amendment in addition to any amendment fee charged by a Service Provider.
- All travelers must have a valid passport for international travel. It is up to you to determine whether you have a valid passport for the purposes of travel. For example, many countries require a passport to be valid for a further 6 months after the date of expected return from travel and some countries require a machine-readable passport.
- Please ensure that you have a valid passport well in advance of travel as either the Service Provider staff or immigration authorities will not allow you to pass through customs without this documentation. The Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) provides helpful information on applying for or renewing an Australian passport.
- When assisting with an international travel booking we will assume that you have a valid Australian passport. If this is not the case, you must let us know. Please note that if you are travelling on a foreign passport, the Australian immigration authorities may require a re-entry visa on return to Australia.
- Certain countries require you to have a visa which will enable you as a non-citizen to enter the country. Visas are obtained from the issuing authority in Australia, usually an embassy. Visa requirements vary according to the country to which you are travelling and the current citizenship you hold. Please ensure you check visa requirements of countries to which you are travelling well in advance of your travel dates to allow sufficient processing time to obtain any visa as required by the relevant issuing authority. Service Provider staff or immigration authorities will not allow you to pass through customs without this documentation.
- Although we may provide general advice pertaining to passports, visas and re-entry permits, it is your responsibility to ensure that you have a valid passport, visas and/or re-entry permits which meet the requirements of immigration and other government authorities of the countries to which you are travelling. Any fines, penalties, payments and expenditure incurred as a result of your passport, visas and/or re-entry permits not meeting the requirements of those authorities will be your sole responsibility.
- Travel documents include airline tickets, hotel vouchers, tour vouchers or any other document (whether in electronic format or otherwise) and are used to confirm your arrangement with a relevant Service Provider.
- Travel documents may be subject to certain conditions and/or restrictions and cannot be transferred to another person to use.
- All airline tickets must be issued in the name of the passport/photo identity holder. An incorrect name on a booking may result in an inability to use that booking and the booking being cancelled.
- Please review your travel documentation carefully and advise us immediately of any errors in names, dates or timings. It is your responsibility to ensure that information contained on your travel documents and those of Other Travelers is correct.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you are aware of any health requirements and recommended precautions relevant to your travel destination and to ensure that you carry all necessary vaccination documentation when travelling. In some cases, failure to present required vaccination documentation (e.g. proof of Yellow Fever vaccination) may deny you entry into a country.
- We recommend regardless of intended destination, that you should consult with your local doctor and/or travel medical service or specialist vaccination clinic before commencing your travel. General health advice for the destination to which you intend travelling is also available from the following websites:
- You warrant to us that (i) you are at least 18 years old and have the power and authority to enter into a binding contract with us and with the Service Providers from whom you acquire SP Travel Services; (ii) the information you provide us about yourself is true, accurate, current and complete as required by any registrations process; and (iii) you will maintain and promptly update this information to keep it true, accurate and complete.
- You warrant to us that you have considered acquiring comprehensive travel insurance and we are not responsible for any failure by you to acquire adequate insurance cover;
- You warrant to us that you will use our Service in accordance with these terms and conditions and you will not use the Services in any way to breach any law or defame anyone.
- We do not endorse or recommend any particular Service Provider or SP Travel Service, nor do we vouch for the accuracy or completeness of the information provided by third parties in relation to their products and services. Information provided is provided in good faith, and is subject to amendment at any time without notice. You should make your own evaluation of the accuracy or completeness of any information, opinion, advice or other content available.
- We are not liable for any inconvenience caused or expense incurred as a result of any unsuitability or non-provision of SP Travel Services except to the extent that liability in relation to those matters may be imposed on us by legislation that cannot be excluded. Our role in relation to your travel arrangements is limited to facilitating your booking and arranging travel documentation, payments and refunds as applicable.
- We do not accept any liability of whatever nature, whether in contract, tort or otherwise, for the acts, omissions or default, whether negligent or otherwise, of Service Providers.
- In circumstances where liability cannot be excluded, such liability is limited, in each instance, to the value of the purchased SP Travel Services. This liability clause is subject to your rights under the Australian Consumer Law and nothing in these terms and conditions are intended to limit any right you may have under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
- We accept responsibility for the performance and provision of our Services and for the negligence of our employees, strictly on the basis that our liability is limited to, in each instance, the value of the purchased travel arrangements. To the maximum extent permitted by law, we do not accept liability in contract, tort or otherwise for any technical errors, corruption of any data, unauthorised access to your personal data, inaccuracies in information supplied by third parties, or failure by us to complete bookings caused directly or indirectly by force majeure or any other event which is beyond our control which is not preventable by reasonable diligence on our part.
- Prices are subject to availability and conditions. Although every care is taken, prices are not guaranteed and are subject to change without notice.
- This web site may contain links to other web sites (“linked web sites”). Those links are provided for convenience only and may not remain current or be maintained. We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices associated with linked web sites.
- Our links with linked web sites should not be construed as an endorsement, approval or recommendation by us of the owners or operators of those linked web sites, or of any information, graphics, materials, products or services referred to or contained on those linked web sites, unless and to the extent stipulated to the contrary.
- We accept no liability for any failure on our part to comply with these terms and conditions where such failure is due to circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
- If we waive, in whole or in part, any rights available to us under these terms and conditions on one occasion, this does not mean that those rights will automatically be waived on any other occasion.
- If any provision of these terms and conditions are held to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal for any reason, it is to be read down to give it as much effect as possible, or if it is not capable of having any effect at all, it is to be severed from these terms and conditions in which case the remainder of these terms and conditions shall nevertheless continue in full force.
5. Accommodation Bookings
6. Authorisation to provide your information to Service Providers
7. Quotes and Cancellation/Amendments of SP Travel Services
Credit Card Fees
9. Passports and Visas
10. Travel Documents
12. Travel Advice We recommend that you contact DFAT or visit their website at www.smartraveller.gov.au for general travel advice, as well as specific advice (including safety alert levels) relating to the destination you wish to visit. You can also register your travel plans with DFAT, so that you may be more easily contacted in an emergency.
13. Travel Insurance We strongly recommend that you take out comprehensive travel insurance to cover your travel arrangements. Travel insurance is also strongly recommended by DFAT for all overseas travel. Your insurance protection should include cover for cancellation of travel; medical and repatriation expenses; personal injury, accident, death; loss of personal baggage and money; and personal liability insurance.
14. Your Obligations and Warranties
15. Indemnity You release and indemnify us and our related bodies corporates (as that term is defined in the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth)) and their respective officers, employees and agents from and against all actions, claims and demands (including the cost of defending or settling any action, claim or demand) which may be instituted against us or those persons indemnified arising from or in connection with (a) a breach by you of these terms and conditions; (b) your unlawful or negligent act or omission when using our Services; or (c) your willful misconduct when using our Services.
19. Monies not held on Trust You agree and acknowledge that any monies held by us for payment to Service Providers will not be held by us on trust for and on behalf of you and we may hold such monies in any account as we see fit, including with our own and/or other customer monies.
20. Security of Information Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as totally secure. Whilst we strive to protect such information, we do not warrant and cannot ensure the security of any information which you transmit to us. Accordingly, any information which you transmit to us is transmitted at your own risk. Nevertheless, once we receive your transmissions, we will take reasonable steps to preserve the security of such information.
21. Linked Websites
22. Amendment to terms and conditions We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions from time to time. Amendments will be effective immediately upon notification on this web page. Your continued use of the website and your continued use of our services following such notification will represent an agreement by you to be bound by the terms and conditions as amended.
23. Governing Law These terms and conditions are governed by the laws in force in the State of Victoria in the Commonwealth of Australia. You agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of that jurisdiction.