What is personal information?
Your personal information is information or an opinion, in any form (whether true or not) about you.
How do we collect personal information?
Where practical we will collect personal information directly from you. Generally this will be collected by us when you deal with us either in person, by telephone, letter, facsimile, email or when you visit our website. We may request information about you when you purchase or make enquires about tickets or other products and services; when you enter competitions, register for promotions or when you request brochures or other information. We may also collect information when we invite you to complete surveys or provide us with feedback.
What personal information do we collect?
We only collect personal information about you that is relevant to your travel arrangements or will enable us to provide you with our goods and services. We are required by law to obtain your consent to the collection of sensitive information. Sensitive information is legally defined amongst other things to include any information about your racial or ethnic origin, religious beliefs or affiliations, philosophical beliefs, or health information. We will assume that you have consented to the collection of all information which is provided to us for use in accordance with this Policy, unless you tell us otherwise.
Information about other travellers
How do we use personal information?
We may use your personal information to:
• provide you with our products and services;
• consider your request for a product or service;
• provide you with information about other products and services that may be of interest to you;
• assist in arrangements with suppliers like airlines, tour operators, car hire operators, hotels and insurance providers, in relation to the provision of a product or service; and
• perform all other administrative and operational tasks, including systems development and testing and market or customer satisfaction research
You consent to the disclosure of your personal information for this purpose.
When do we disclose your personal information to third parties?
We may disclose your personal information:
• as permitted or required by law;
• to various regulatory bodies and law enforcement officials and agencies to protect against fraud and for related security purposes;
• to our third party service providers
• to third parties such as airlines, hotels, car rental companies and other service providers for the purpose for which the information was collected or for a related purpose, for example to facilitate and process your travel arrangements; and
• to third parties who may involve you in market research for the purpose of servicing our relationship with you and improving the services we provide.
• to third parties for the purpose of analysing trends in sales and travel destinations.
Other than the above, we will not disclose your personal information without your consent unless disclosure is either necessary to prevent a threat to life or health, authorised or required by law, reasonably necessary to enforce the law or necessary to investigate a suspected unlawful activity.
Trans-Border data flows
In providing our services to you it may be necessary for us to forward personal information to relevant overseas third party service providers. Please let us know if you have any objections to such transfers.
Security of information
We store personal information in a combination of secure computer storage facilities, paper based facilities and other records.
We will endeavour to take all reasonable precautions to maintain the security of the information in our systems.
Access and updating personal information
Subject to the exceptions set out in the Privacy Act 1988(Cth), you can contact us to find out about the personal information we hold about you. We will need to verify your identity before giving you access to this information. We may recover from you our reasonable costs of supplying you with access to this information.
Should you no longer wish to receive information on promotions and services we think may be of interest to you or participate in market research, kindly e-mail us on email@example.com
If you do not wish to use a cookie, you can adjust your browser setting to reject cookies or notify you when they are being used.
Feedback / complaints
For more information on privacy, you can visit www.privacy.gov.au
Changes to our Policy